Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Project

My first project will be the cornerstone of our learning day. The Calendar!  I have found many ideas and plan on combining some highlights from Counting Coconuts and 1+1+1=1.  I'll be using a foam board with velcro and laminated cards that I plan on printing from this great site. I'll post a pic when I'm done.  This will be used for morning circle time where we will sing, learn the pledge of alliegence and learn references of time. I think this will be an important starting point to every day to get into the swing of things.  Next, I plan on using the K4 and toddler curriculums found in Confession of a Homeschooler.  This will include a daily schedule (for weeks!) which should help cut my planning time down and lead me toward creative ideas that I never would come up with on my own! $10 is a steal of a deal! So this is what I will focus on this next week. 
I'll also be purchasing my first LAMINATOR! I hear that this is a homeschooler's staple!  I'm so excited to start laminating!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment