Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last weeks revelations

After working 3 different nights and long into the night, I found myself warn down and drained.  This brought out bad attitudes with me; which of course led to bad attitudes in my children. 
I contemplated that maybe I was becoming a slave to the thought of a "perfect schedule" and "perfect learning day"- the type I would never achieve. It was time to take a deep breath and let it go!  For the sanity of all of us.
The girls are still under 5 and I need to focus on their character and obedience...not only their ABC's and 123's.  So I pulled 3 days worth of great material from the weekly curriculum (instead of 5) and decided to give myself 2 weeks to cover these 3 days.  It may seem like barely any 'class' time, but we truly have a busy week of learning. On Tuesdays, we are at my church for my Bible study where the girls have their own classes and on Thursday mornings we always get together with a handful of women for a breakfast/playdate that my friend hosts. Then factor in 2 days of week that I work and Sunday church...and I'm left with 2 "free days" to do class.
So this last week, we went through 2 class days.  They were smooth, not stressed, and the girls were practically begging for more "school work". 
We learned the 'vowel' song. M decided they should be underlined a few times


Color and letter matching

She loves to color

A glueing craft with multi-colored tissue paper. From the curriculum I'm using found here

I love the curriculum I use, which makes learning time feel like play time.  I've posted some of the pictures of last weeks activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment